In this competitive age, the resources of successful plant operators can be seriously stretched when faced with unforeseen problems or when time-investment is required for long-term planning. TWI has undertaken many such activities during its 60-years of support to plant operators. The key is to identify the most cost-effective practical solution using state-of-the-art assessment tools and techniques.
In recent years a new approach to engineering consultancy has been developed. It is based around assessment technologies, encompassed in 'asset integrity management'.
TWI's new section is called Equipment Risk Consulting (ERC), and aims to provide a single and practical engineering solution to industrial problems experienced by equipment owners and operators. The new group offers a mix of world leading engineers with both practical industrial experience and world class technical expertise.
The group operates worldwide with major offices in the UK, South East Asia, South America and Middle East amongst other locations. This multi-location team enables ERC to provide local and cost effective support.
Equipment Risk Consulting has captured much of its expertise in software tools, bringing advanced engineering solutions to companies and personnel:
- Maximise plant life and availability
- Optimise inspection, repair and maintenance spend (life time costs)
- Meet safety and reliability requirements
- Train equipment owners and operators to be informed and competent engineers
- Provide software tools for equipment owners and operators (off the shelf and customised)
- Provide rapid on and off site engineering consultancy for plant irregularities
- Risk based inspection
- Front End engineering design
- FEED Studies and design reviews
- Fitness for service
- Life assessment and condition monitoring
- Fatigue analysis
- Direct assessment of pipelines
- Repair/replacement strategies
- Inspection planning coordination and procedure development
- Laboratory services
- Plant management and assessment
- Risk based inspection (RBI)
- Probabilistic cost risk optimisation
- Fitness for Service
- Fracture mechanics
- Welding and NDT QA/QC
- WELDspec, Welderqual, NDTspec
All software is available for download from www.twisoftware.com.
For further information on ERC services please contact Chris Ablitt or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org