Mon, 21 October, 2019
Following months of collaborative discussions, TWI Canada is pleased to announce a formal agreement with the Kitamaat Valley Education Society (KVES); located in the province of British Columbia.
KVES was established 2006 by Haisla Nation Council and Rio Tintobecoming a non-profit society in 2010.
The KVES website outlines their vision as a "self-sustaining organisation, a leader in training and education, and a partner of choice for individuals, industries and institutions in developing qualified people."
KVES primarily serves the Indigenous and local residents of Northern British Columbia, and now has an exclusive agreement with TWI Canada to provide a variety of courses and training programmes in the region.
Tanya Rexin, President & CEO said:
Kitimat Valley Institute is thrilled to partner with TWI to increase access to world class training and international certification for British Columbians.
The training on offer under the agreement includes:
- TWI Virtual Academy training
- Health, Safety and Environment courses (IOSH and NEBOSH)
- Welding including Welders, Welding Inspection, Welding Engineering, and Welding Diplomas
- Inspection Diploma
- Plant Inspection, including Fitness-for-Service
- Non-Destructive Testing, including Conventional and Advanced NDT courses
- Agricultural and Environmental Inspector
- Painting and Coating Operatives
- Plastic Joining
Reza Arjmand, TWI Training commented:
I'm very pleased that this collaboration has come to fruition, I’m confident that TWI's global brand recognition will help secure good prospects for all our Kitimat candidates.