Anglia Ruskin Innovation Centre
The Anglia Ruskin Innovation Centre (ARIC) is a strategic partnership between Anglia Ruskin University and TWI which aims to develop a comprehensive research capacity focused on digital transformation of management, people, skills, and organisational innovation within an Industry 4.0 context.
Based at TWI’s Cambridge headquarters, ARIC carries out research and development (R&D) programmes in order to create the next generation of business models and tools that can help commercialise technologies which address societal challenges.
The Industry 4.0 revolution is demanding changes in design, products and services, across sectors that require new knowledge, and management and organisational techniques, to realise the potential benefits of digital technology, but this ‘human dimension’ is all-too-often neglected by policy makers and managers. ARIC will focus on the digitisation of products and services as well as infrastructure solutions, new business models and transformative management which can drive innovation and sustainable economic growth for the Eastern region, the UK and internationally.
- Establish a reputation for excellence and be world leading in industrially relevant, digital transformation and innovation management research
- Develop the next generation of business models and tools to help commercialise technologies and address societal challenges, as well as benefit TWI industrial members
- Drive new regional research and technology capability for the acceleration of digital adoption
- Create a collaborative environment between higher education institution and research and technology organisation with substantial research, impact and adoption by industry (HEI-RTO-Industry)
- Undertake joint research programmes and secure a portfolio of research funding from external sponsors
- New management and business practices
- Digital transformation of traditional manufacturing processes and move to smart factories
- Technology innovation acceleration policy and strategic interventions for sustainable development
- Digital innovation and new systems models for supply chains
- Business incubation and start-up support